did someone make a fool of me?

>> Monday, March 2, 2009

James has resolved that I blog more often. So here I am.

I am just here to recommend that everyone who is able get their hands on a copy of Late Nights On Air by Elizabeth Hay. It is the book currently on my night table, and on nights when I get to bed early enough (and even some when I don't) it is my night time treat. I'm probably not even half way through at this point but am enjoying it enough to recommend it. The writing is incredibly beautiful and I love the descriptions of the characters, the landscapes of the Yukon territory, the history of them all...

I think I could be one of those people who falls in love with the North. Yes? the last great frontier! But not for that reason. More for the landscapes of the tundra. There is something I like about permafrost and the tiniest, most hardy of plants in brown and green and funny animals and lakes and sun half the year. Well, in theory anyway.

Sorry to go on but if you read it you'll see what I mean.

2 comments:

Vanessa March 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

i'm borrowing this you when you're done

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP