with love and trust and shows all summer

>> Tuesday, March 3, 2009

who wants to see:

justin townes earle (yeah steve's kid) - April 22/Horseshoe/$12.50

the pains of being pure at heart - April 28/Lee's/$10

bonnie 'prince' billy - May 14/Queen Elizabeth Theatre/$20something

the national - may 21/Kool Haus/$20something also.

and yes (in between rounds of Neko Case) I am back on this Hold Steady album from last year. Every time the weather gets a little nice I dream of songs to listen to this summer. Of course when summer does come around there is no time for new music as we are too busy living it. At least, I hope that will be the case this time around. My first summer as a non-student. Makes me wonder if summer holds the same promise when you work all damn year 'round. I've always done that anyway but I feel it will be different, being a 'real person' and all that.

In quieter moments I have been going for the new Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (longest name ever), and Ra Ra Riot (soft spot for college rock).

2 comments:

jamesthian March 4, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

i had an impromptu dinner party last night, and all we did was listen to middle cyclone, and we all fell in love with it. i'm glad i have this spring weather seeping into my house through the window while i blast the album.

b March 9, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

sounds lovely.

spring is for great new music.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP