rock 'n roll is here to stay

>> Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In view of a recent trip down memory lane (I know, nostalgia is no good, Diana Vreeland does not approve) and the result that I am so excited for the new Wilco album that will drop in June (?), I have been revisiting some classics. Some favourites of mine aren't quite Wilco songs at all but remind me of a time when I was the only person I knew who even listened to this band - which was not a good thing at the time, but served instead to soundtrack some of the quieter moments of my angsty teenage years.

First, Remember the Mountain Bed. Absolutely beautiful lyrics, and lovely, simple chord progression. One of the best from the Mermaid Avenue sessions.

Second, the first song of theirs I ever heard, a cover that introduced me to two great bands at once - one of the many reasons Gilmore Girls has had such a profound influence on my life (let's not get into that here). Thirteen.

Lastly, if you really would like to impress me...tell me something Diana Vreeland said that I don't know about. It's a good thing she is no longer with us (after having lived a long, full life, of course) because I simply cannot fit any more of one person's advice into my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP