turning your orbit around

>> Thursday, April 2, 2009

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited to start work. You know what I'm excited for? Dressing up every day!!! Yes it's true. Even though it's the public service (notoriously dowdy, I have some good horror stories) I think that my office will be quite smart. The reason might have something to do with being located on the same floor as the Minister's office, but I also think it has something to do with being in a building full of corporate-types (a bank and Unilever).

My morning laugh came from this news piece. Honestly, who does that? The resulting reaction by the Toronto Airport Authority is totally predictable. And hilarious. OK, maybe it's only hilarious if you're the kind of person who regularly makes jokes about bureaucracy based in personal experience and a little self-deprecation.

I made cut-off shorts. They're really awesome. I can't wait for summer.

oh shit. I forgot to pay rent again.

3 comments:

... April 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

i think dressing up might become a chore after a while

b April 7, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

agreed, it can become so. But I like to think of the constraints as an opportunity to be creative. If I have enough time an inspiration (both lacking at the moment) I can pull off some pretty great stuff, I think. But so far I have been dressing entirely in black, which isn't so much 'sharp' as it is 'depressing'.

Vanessa April 9, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

And you'll start dressing up in work clothes during the summer so your enthusiasm won't drown in layers and layers of winter wear. I've always found office attire and heels appealing, but never the work.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP