bookish

>> Wednesday, May 20, 2009


this is my poorly-lit photo of the next several books I plan to read. Many are books I ordered off amazon in a fit of desperate procrastination at 4am on a Tuesday sometime last March and then never read, because apparently I wasn't quite that desperate to procrastinate. The rest were picked up at BMV on a particularly nice evening after seeing the new Wilco concert doc (the night I decided to learn to play the guitar).

The mix is a little weird, by which I mean it's not that varied...normally I like a lot of contrast. But I also think I will enjoy all of these. I am especially looking forward to Watership Down, which may or may not be moved up in the list depending on how badly I crave the whimsy.

Oh and read this if you haven't. Not only is the cover beautiful (to me, the illustration is very typically Bengali) but it's a beautifully-written story, set during the time of the civil war and separation of Bangladesh from Pakistan.

recommendations for August are also welcome

5 comments:

jamesthian May 21, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

I CAN'T WAIT TO BORROW YOUR BOOKS!

mike May 21, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

looks awesome b, those are definitely some good choices!!!

b May 21, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

I will probably add Filthy Lucre (by Joe Heath) to that list...you know, just to keep my hand in it. 'It' being economics, and a world that is real...

mike May 26, 2009 at 2:39 AM  

what you don't get enough 'real world' with the economist.... also i posted pictures of you and princess sparkles on my flickr

b May 26, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Mike, you will be pleased to learn that I let my subscription to the economist run out. And I have not renewed, in spite of their stern British warnings that I was making a mistake.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP