the last recluse

>> Wednesday, June 10, 2009



This image, from sweethomestyle, is all cute whatever...I mean it's what a little girl's room should look like, from the point of view of an adult. What is it with washed out pastels and airiness? But it does remind me of something I wanted to do this summer - find good (old, new, whatever) copies of classic books I liked as a kid. This includes the obvious ones like Anne of Green Gables but also others whose plots I have to google because I can't remember their names or who they're by.

And so I look forward to discovering good used book stores in Toronto this summer. So far I have only hit up the obvious BMV, where I scored Watership Down, and could use suggestions for other places to go!

2 comments:

Cindy July 10, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

how about every sweet valley high book ever written?

you know i'm just kidding. obviously it's baby sitters' club.

b July 16, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

I used to love BSC!
my 5th/6th grade teacher wouldn't let me read them though. Said they were too easy. So I tried to get around it by reading the special double issues.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP