I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, but

>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Every year I get stuff at Christmas I do not want (hint: I don't need pj's...I live alone). For some reason, people seem to think I am difficult to shop for. As far as I am concerned it is the easiest thing in the world. Then again, I do it all the time.

So what is the solution? For the first time ever, I am making a gift list. That's right! Good for all occasions, including birthdays (Feb. 11, btw). And here it is!

1) A subscription to the Economist (it is no longer available to read for free online...) thanks momma!
2) Bookmarks. Nice ones. No lame quotes or script-y things.
3) Gift certificate to the framing store near me - Gallery Boutique
4) Socks...you always need more
5) A complete set of the Anne of Green Gables books
6) Any books at all, including new ones, ones I've read and enjoyed but don't own, classic children's books, coffee table books with fun pictures
7) Good coffee
8) A coffee bean grinder
9) Anything related to music history or Bruce Springsteen.
10) Records. As in vinyl.
11) Ummmm....a moustache calendar
12) This and this from Etsy
13) A business card holder
14) Lincoln Park After Dark

5 comments:

tribalwaif December 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

I forgot to ask you if the movie was worth watching. Is it?

b December 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

yep I think so, you just have to be in the Tarantino mood - everyone dying violently. But it's also funny.

tribalwaif December 20, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

weird. I thought I was responding to the "blind side" entry. I meant "Blind Side" is that worthwhile?

tribalwaif December 20, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

weird. I thought I was responding to the "blind side" entry. I meant "Blind Side" is that worthwhile?

b December 21, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

in a feed-good way, yeah. Good family movie. I spent the whole first half getting choked up by how sad Michael Oher looked, which is probably what they were going for.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP