constructive year

>> Thursday, December 31, 2009

It’s pretty interesting to reflect on the last year and think about what's happened, what I've learned and done. I didn’t think very much, at the beginning of the year, about what the end of it would look like. Maybe I will this year. Nothing too crazy has happened (I consider that a positive) but there have been some definite changes. Overall, I’m pretty pleased with the way things have gone and where I am right now.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned this year (though it certainly isn’t just one), it’s that goals are not very meaningful unless they’re specific and tie into a bigger picture of where you see yourself going. So, for most of my goals this year I have some specific numbers, weekly/monthly benchmarks, and other details in mind. The harder (but more interesting) part is getting a clearer sense of that bigger picture...here we go:

1. Start running again
2. Pay off a significant chunk of my OSAP loan...like, half (trust me, that is a lot)
3. To that end: undertake some serious financial planning
4. and to THAT end: learn to do my taxes!
5. Continue reading 2-3 books every month. I love book club(s)!
6. Spend more time cooking and eating at home (& trying new recipes!)
7. Make guitar practice a habit (difficult when you are as awful as I am)
8. Take a course at U of T (tbd?)
9. Stay in touch with long-distance friends and family
10. Write more

Happy new year!

2 comments:

traveller January 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Great resolutions for 2010. I made a list of 10 resolutions yesterday too...some were similar, in that I want to write more, and take art lessons (pastels or oil painting). I didn't know you played the guitar - that's awesome!

b January 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Thanks P! I would love to see your list - and I would also love to take an art class! Let me know what you find!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP