a grocery list

>> Saturday, March 6, 2010

dear god, I hope I don't become one of those people who can do nothing but talk about their diet.

Today Sarah, ALo, and I are are heading to the Promised Land - a.k.a. Costco - for some supplies. Do you think they have mini humidifiers? I really need one for my cubicle. 

  • rice milk, soy milk
  • spinach, spring mix, kale, carrots, frozen mixed veggies, frozen edamame
  • seeds (pine nuts, sunflower, sesame), pumpkin seed butter
  • Braggs, sesame oil, olive oil, tahini, honey
  • minced and fresh garlic & ginger, onions, coriander
  • brown rice pasta, brown rice wraps
  • chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, etc.
  • bananas
  • plain bio yogurt
  • egg whites
  • lemons
  • ground turkey, chicken, frozen fish, tofu
Doesn't that sounds good? Am I missing anything? Maybe a shredder, or a year's supply of birdseed. JUST IN CASE (which is funny, because it actually comes IN a CASE...ok nevermind).

I'm hoping that these items will be the base for what I eat over the next three weeks, topped up a few times with fresh produce and soy milk. A few things might require a trip to the health food store but most are regular groceries. I'm guessing this list will cost about the same as my regular grocery list, which is much shorter. Yay, produce! Boo, cheese and Italian sausage. Who needs it.

I'm also investing in the following implements:
  • citrus juicer
  • garlic press
  • glass food storage containers (since I will be taking my lunch EVERY DAY)
  • good-quality bakeware (since I will be cooking more!)
  • sunflowers (to put on my desk so I don't get too depressed - also, to inhale their moisture in case I can't find a humidifier and become desperate)
My song for today - a little whimsical. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Me and Jane Doe. Sunny little adventures. Summer is almost here!

4 comments:

Ramk Chardri March 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Good luck with the costco trip. I always end up buying shelving units or trampolines every time I go there.

BTW, love that you have a song of the day for each of your latest posts. Great addition. Hope no one steals the idea...

Have an amazing week B! I'm going with my friend Mark to Cuba this week.

b March 8, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

have so much fun in Cuba! I can't wait to hear all about it!

p.s. You'd better not steal my obviously very original song of the day idea.

Michelle April 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

So I was talking to sis yesterday (aka. Sam) and she has enlightened me about your blog and Quatchwatch. I feel like I've been on here before but somehow lost my way. In either case, I look forward to being an avid follower from now on ;)

and PS- you are way better than I can ever be with this diet. I don't know too many filipinos who can survive a day without fried food or white rice!

b April 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

yay! I'm so glad to have you following!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP