I picture you in the sun

>> Thursday, March 11, 2010

Turns out there was no detox-friendly food at the reception last night. Also, I think I hate Perrier now. Last night was also sports league night, where we headed to a bar (as usual) after our dodgeball game. Sarah and I were both pretty hungry - me especially, having eaten dinner at 4pm. Things were looking dicey until we asked the server if we could each just have a plate of veggies and a side of grilled chicken. Turns out that works. Also, it cost us like $5 since we pretty much made a meal out of two sides. Lesson learned: if you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask for it.

Tonight's test: drinks at Bedford Academy with the notorious SPPG class of 2009.

People keep asking me if this detox is hard or if I miss certain foods. The answer is: not really. It's not tons of fun sitting beside someone who's eating fries but it's not unbearable, either. Obviously I am cutting out a lot of foods but it doesn't feel like I'm being deprived. I actually eat a lot. I keep saying that the only challenge is planning and preparing all my meals and making sure I don't get hungry. Yesterday was tough because I was out of the house before 9am and came home after 10pm. This is the reason for the extra bag in my daily luggage - it's all food!

But the best part is that I feel great all around. Headaches are gone now, hooray!

This morning my co-worker Sara lent me her copy of Joshi's Holistic Detox, so now we are no longer flying blind. I'm going to figure out my ayurvedic profile, whatever that means.


My song(s) for today: all songs entitled "In the Sun".

Check out the new She & Him video, which currently has the internet being all like, "OMG! cutest thing EVER!!"

I still have mixed feelings about Zooey Deschanel. M. Ward, on the other hand, receives nothing but adoration from me. They're at the Phoenix on June 9 (which is also the date of the National's 2nd Massey show).



In other exciting music news, Stars will have a new record out in June and some guy called Jakob Dylan (looks familiar?) got Neko Case and Kelly Hogan to join his band and the whole lot are coming to the Phoenix on April 25, touring in support of a new album. Very interesting...

2 comments:

MB March 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

You can't have mixed feelings about Zooey Deschanel. My brain can't even process that. The only thing wrong with her is that sad indie blob she's married to.

b March 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Look. She is a full-grown 30-year old woman. Maybe it's time to stop playing the indie dream girl in cutesy babydoll dresses? However, I can't fully disapprove of anyone M. Ward seems to like.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP