livin' on a prayer

>> Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things have been tough this week, I'm not gonna lie. I think I accidentally had gluten yesterday (hidden in oat crackers) and was rewarded with a headache all afternoon. Forgoing St Paddy's day merry-making and Kaleb & Cheryl's (hereafter referred to as "Chaleb") delicious spread of sugar cookies, Irish soda bread, and whiskey and Guinness flavoured cheeses was almost too much for me. Luckily Sarah was there, too, so we were able to resist together. I don't miss alcohol but I do miss being able to drink something other than water when out with friends. Unfortunately, most bars don't seem to stock soy milk. I have seriously considered asking for green tea, though. I'll let you know if / when things progress to that point.

I just started watching The Wire. I know it's supposed to be amazing, and I'm really enjoying it so far, but my limited attention span is making it difficult to get through episodes that are actually an hour long. Anyway, for all the totally obsessed Wire fans out there (which describes all Wire fans, as far as I can tell), there's a new trailer up for David Simon's new series, Treme.

But you probably already knew that.

I would also like to send a shout-out to all the quality 22-minute shows out there. Keep it real.

This week has also been busier than usual so it's been tough to stay on top of meal planning and cooking, but I'm halfway through!

Sad news today: Alex Chilton passed away last night. A great musician who inspired many more great ones.

My song for today: Big Star - Thirteen (you should listen to the rest, too)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP