new ways to wear old clothes

>> Monday, March 15, 2010

Yesterday I did Joshi's recommended liver cleanse (grapefruit juice, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and ginger, blended). It did not taste good at all. I was really excited to have grapefruit juice because it's not otherwise allowed on the detox, but it was totally ruined by the garlic. I didn't feel great afterwards (more detoxing?) but I feel fine now.

I look forward to the weather improving. Not even my new, fully yellow tulips can do much to dispel this gloom. So we may as well roll around in it and get comfortable. To that end -

My song for today: Japandroids - Darkness on the Edge of Gastown from the forthcoming No Singles, a compilation of their two earlier EPs.
This is the kind of noise rock I dig. Any noisier and I get all, "get off my lawn".
No, I didn't pick it solely for the Springsteen reference. Yes, that was a major factor in the decision.

2 comments:

Ramk Chardri March 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Try "One Day As A Lion". Got Zach de la Rocha on it. It's alot like Rage but more melodic. My fav song is Wild International. Nice noise rock.

Also check out Local Natives. This last comment is unrelated to my above comment or your original post.

Ramk

b March 16, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

thanks for the suggestion. Glad to see you're back from Cuba, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP