Out there somewhere is the finish line

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tonight I face my first real challenge: an open-bar reception with plenty of hors d'oeuvres. Hopefully there will be some broccoli and carrots in the spread and, if I'm very lucky, some hummus.

No headaches today! I feel really good. I made a big batch of carrot ginger soup last night, which turned out really well! I'm so pleased with myself. I once again toted a ludicrous among of food with me to work today (lunch AND dinner, I am not going into that reception hungry!) I actually had so many bags with me that it slowed me down when jaywalking across Yonge this morning. Close call. Near-traffic collisions aside, I feel like I've gotten the hang of food making / planning. The real tests will come with social gatherings. Maybe I can just avoid other people for the next 2.5 weeks?

I'm so excited to drink Perrier with lime and pretend it's a cocktail.

I miss wine.

Today's song is upbeat but sad, considering the news today: The Thrills - Whatever Happened to Corey Haim?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP