re-tox'd

>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This weekend (between midnight on Saturday and Sunday night) I broke free. I went out with friends on Saturday, consumed TWO different kinds of poutine (one regular, one Lakeview), and ate out for all meals without a care in the world. Pancakes, maple syrup, coffee, fruit, sugar, dairy, fried chicken and cornbread (at Harlem) - all these bits of deliciousness went down the hatch. And all, or some key ingredients, made me feel so bloated and headache-y that I couldn't fall asleep on Sunday night.

I spent Monday morning tired and wary of all foods, nursing a green tea and contemplating my life.

The thing is, everything I ate / drank / did this weekend wasn't totally abnormal for me on any given weekend. One night out, one brunch, one dinner out. It kind of highlights how unhealthy my 'normal' is.

Last night I went out for dinner and I really wanted a salad. Really! Not like, "oh, I should have a salad." I really wanted some vegetables. Maybe I have improved my eating habits.

The other thing I've noticed is that I spent much less money while on the detox. I did more groceries, but made fewer small purchases. I always had food on hand (at work, in my purse) because I knew I couldn't easily buy detox-friendly snacks. I liked being prepared and not settling for processed sugary snacks that are tempting but always a bad decision 30 minutes later. Saving money is nice, too.

Oh, and I lost five pounds. I declare this detox a success.

2 comments:

Ramk Chardri March 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Honest congratulations. Job well done.

b March 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

thanks, friend! and thank you for being so supportive!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP