heaven is whenever we can get together

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Hold Steady may have finally gotten too big to play bars (so glad I caught them at Lee's Palace last fall), but they are still totally solid guys. Essentially: tickets for their July 16 Kool Haus (shudder) date are only $21.50 and a portion goes to the Toronto Boys & Girls Club. SOLID.

I know everyone is using this picture but it's the only one I can find without former keyboardist Franz Nicolay...what's that? no one cares?

The new Hold Steady album, Heaven is Whenever, is streaming on NPR right now. As is the new Broken Social Scene album, Forgiveness Rock Record. And, oh yes, since High Violet leaked this week (as did the new Gaslight Anthem, American Slang), the National will be streaming it on Friday April 23 from...the New York Times website. Who knew they could even do that?

Look at me being all news-y and update-y. This won't happen very often. I'm just so excited to hear new records from my favourite bands!

Life is good, people. Here's a new song from London, ON homeboy Shad. This guy is awesome.
Shad - Yaa I Get It (new video also)

That's the cover of the new album, TSOL. 

Do yrself a favour and listen to all of his other songs. Like this one!

The Old Prince Still Lives At Home - Shad - Watch more Funny Videos

2 comments:

Ramk Chardri April 21, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

"I don't really like to, but I put the smack down, like it's rehab." -shad

Check this video. Shad donated his tune 'Rock to it' to my very own Big Day Out with World Literacy of Canada: http://www.worldlit.ca/100

Wish me luck. Going to visit "The Hot Flashes".

b April 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

That is very cool of him!

I think you'd fit in well with a band of middle-aged women...that's what that is, right?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP