tell her I was on the move last time you saw me

>> Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sometimes summer is a good time for quiet, slow, sad music. For example, I think now is the best time to listen to Bon Iver, whereas that album (you know which one) could actually be dangerous in the winter. Instead of being deeply depressing the weather elevates the music to wistful, or at least manageable melancholy.

Anyway, today is one of those days. I like this song and the way it reminds me of things I haven't actually experienced.

Josh Ritter - Southern Pacifica

I know, I know. Nostalgia is a puddle you could drown in. But you can use it without substituting it for content and get quality. JR is quality. No doubt.

And, like I always say, every good country singer has to have a song (or two) about a train.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP